1.28.2009

Blogorama for Mabel

One of our favorite mompreneurs, Mabel's Labels, is posing the question, "What have been the rewards and benefits of participating in the blogging community?" I must admit, when I began this adventure in an internet business, I was a newbie to the blogging world. I quickly realized that bloggers were the link to entertaining/prep/mom/monogram junkies of America! I will never be able to properly thank the number of bloggers that have mentioned La Plates in their postings. Truly, they are what gave us our confidence to keep going in the beginning and what continue to give us happy boosts when they send us a link to a new posting.

A woman in my home town is a national phenomenon of a blogger...some of you surely read Mrs. Blandings. The first time I was introduced to her, I literally hugged her, as she was the first person to blog or write about La Plates - she was our first national PR! At that time, I mentioned to her that I had been thinking about starting a blog. She told me to go for it - and I did! Needless to say, I don't have the enormous following like Mrs. B, but it adds a personal touch to our website.

For anyone starting a business, do not underestimate the power of the blogging community - they are a powerful and fabulous crew!

No comments: