6.27.2009

Welcome to the Vineyard, Obama Family

In the year or so that La Plates has been in business, we have "met" so many wonderful people. Not necessarily in face-to-face meetings, but over email, Facebook, Twitter & blogging. Through these new connections, we learn of really cool things happening.

Recently, we were asked to participate gift basket to introduce and welcome the Obamas to Martha's Vineyard. I don't like to get political, but let's talk fashion and family factor - I'm a huge fan of the First Fam! Not only that, but Edgartown, MA has been host to many fabulous vacations for our family, we were sold!

Led by Sarah, at Up My Sleeve Boutique, we were given our design freedom. Just something preppy with the look and feel of the Vineyard. We designed a set of RED KNOTS La Plates that the entire First Family could use...we even tested a new bowl design for Bo, the "first puppy"! Sarah's boutique created fabulous Nantucket Baskets for all the ladies. The Trendy Tot made custom starfish tops for Malia and Sasha. LuLu Grace of Boston, designed stationery for each the First Lady, Malia and Sasha. Tucker Blair contributed needlepoint headbands for the girls and a belt for the Prez. Authors Kim Knox Beckius and Mathea Levine donated their books The New England Coast: The Most Spectacular Sights & Destinations and “I’m Lucy”, a Story for Children and a Good Cause. Hopefully our basket gets the First Family in Vineyard vacation mode - safe travels Obamas & be sure to send a postcard!

3 comments:

Mrs. Blandings said...

Ok - that is really cool. I know they will love them!

The Trendy Tot/babycheeks said...

I love your plates and I'm sure they will too!

{Jennifer} said...

I just found your blog, CUTE! I love these plates. Are these something you sell?