9.03.2010

Happy Labor Day!

We've been a little behind on blogging this summer. But in the spirit of the patriotic Labor Day upon us, we thought we'd share a little something red, white & blue. We are huge fans of Rainy Day Books - a local bookstore that hosts a fabulous author series. Earlier this summer, we attended a gathering with Laura Bush, talking about her recent book Spoken From the Heart. We gave Mrs. Bush a La Plates treat, because we think she's an amazing woman!
Wouldn't you know, just days later, a thank you note arrived? I knew our former first lady was a class act, but a thank you note for little old me? We were very honored to have Mrs. Bush take a liking to La Plates, but more importantly, take the time to write.
Have a great long weekend - safe travels and fun times!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow that is so cool:) What a great example this First Lady is. I love handwritten/typed thank you notes. Happy Weekend

JackieLSK said...

I was just looking for some patriotic plates on your site after just seeing your stuff on The Today show! I saw this plate & it's beautiful! It has a nautical look also with the patriotic which is exactly what my back yard is decorated in! I am a proud Navy wife & hoping these are still available! You now have a new customer! :)