1.22.2014

Happy National Southern Food Day!

Who knew there was a day dedicated to my favorite foods - Southern food?! Thanks to Garden & Gun for bringing my attention to it. As I sit here in freezing cold Kansas & dream about all my favorite Southern delights, I wonder why I ever left Atlanta?!
Below are some my favorites Southern delights. I must admit, a lot of my favorites include a great atmosphere & fabulous memories with friends & family...that wins a "best" rating every time!
Best Biscuit : Flying Biscuit, Atlanta, GA
Best Cheese Grits : my friend Lee's kitchen (invite only)
Best Squash Casserole : 4th of May, St. Simons Island, GA
Best Corn Crab Chowder : The Beach Club, Sea Island, GA
Best Corn Bread Muffins : Sea Island, GA
Best Pimento Cheese Sandwich : The Masters, Augusta, GA
Best Shrimp Po Boy : someplace in New Orleans...
Best Sweet Tea : Too many greats : often depends on the company!

No comments: